Information on the purpose of the calculator
Online calculator of building blocks is designed to perform calculations of building materials necessary for the construction of walls of houses, garages, utility rooms and other premises. The calculations can take into account the dimensions of the gables of the building, door and window openings, as well as related materials, such as mortar and masonry mesh. Be careful when filling in the data, pay special attention to the units of measurement.
When filling in the data, pay attention to additional information with the sign Additional information
Technologies do not stand still, including construction. For the construction of walls, brick has replaced wood, and today its place is increasingly occupied by building blocks obtained artificially, and depending on the raw materials used, they may have different characteristics.
Building blocks are popular in the construction of low-rise buildings and walls of monolithic frame buildings. They can not only be used to build exterior walls, but also used for internal partitions and interior walls. Concrete blocks are also suitable for the manufacture of prefabricated foundations for light buildings.
The advantages of building blocks are obvious. With their help, you can build a building in a short time without using special equipment. They have good thermal insulation and the necessary strength. Therefore, the funds spent on insulation will be significantly lower than in brick construction. And if we compare building blocks with wooden log cabins, then this is not only less additional funds and work, but also a higher durability of the building.
Blocks do not need as strong a vapor barrier as, for example, a tree. Considering their size and lightness, even the foundation for such a house will cost much cheaper compared to brick and reinforced concrete. The use of special masonry glue increases the thermal insulation of the walls, and makes them more attractive in appearance.
Building blocks can be divided into two types:
- Artificial - they are obtained by mixing concretes of different composition in factories, using special vibro-forming machines. The resulting material, depending on the raw material, differs in the necessary strength, density and thermal insulation properties.
- Natural - are relatively more expensive than those offered by the plant. They are obtained by careful processing, grinding of rocks. Most often they are used as decorative facade decoration.
Artificial building blocks include: aerated concrete, foam concrete, expanded clay concrete, polystyrene concrete, sawdust concrete and many others. Each type is used depending on the necessary qualities, and has both a number of advantages and a number of disadvantages. One type has good thermal insulation performance, but they are somewhat inferior in strength (if you compare, for example, aerated concrete and expanded clay concrete). In any case, buildings constructed using building blocks require less time for the construction of turnkey houses, compared with the same wooden log cabins, which take a long time to finally dry out and settle. And only after that you can start the final finishing of the room.
During the construction of blocks, the interior decoration of the premises can be carried out immediately after the completion of construction.
By design features , building blocks are distinguished by:
Unfortunately, at the moment there is no ideal material that has high indicators of all the necessary characteristics at once, such as low thermal conductivity, high strength, low weight and cost. And in each specific case, it is necessary to choose exactly the material that is most suitable for the planned construction, taking into account the necessary requirements.
They are used for the construction of load-bearing walls of buildings. They have high strength, but also high thermal conductivity and high weight. In this regard, during the construction of residential premises, additional insulation is required.
- Structural and thermal insulation
They are used for the construction of load-bearing walls of low-rise buildings. They have average characteristics, both in strength and thermal insulation qualities. Ideal for residential premises with seasonal accommodation.
- Thermal insulation
They are used for the construction of only self-supporting walls, such as internal partitions and walls of frame buildings, as well as for insulation of load-bearing walls. They have low thermal conductivity, low weight, but also low strength.
The cost of finished walls is approximately equal to 1/3 of the cost of the entire building.
The following is a complete list of calculations performed with a brief description of each item.
General information on the results of calculations
- Perimeter of the building
- The total length of all the walls taken into account in the calculations.
- Total masonry area
- The area of the outside of the walls. Corresponds to the area of the necessary insulation, if such is provided by the project.
- Wall thickness
- The thickness of the finished wall, taking into account the thickness of the mortar seam. It may differ slightly from the final result depending on the type of masonry.
- Number of blocks
- The total number of blocks required to build walls according to the specified parameters
- Total weight of blocks
- Weight excluding mortar and masonry mesh. As well as the total volume, it is necessary to choose the delivery option.
- Number of mortar for the entire masonry
- The volume of mortar required for laying all the blocks. The volumetric weight of the solution may vary depending on the ratio of the components and the additives introduced.
- Number of rows of blocks taking into account seams
- Depends on the height of the walls, the size of the material used and the thickness of the masonry mortar. Excluding pediments.
- Number of masonry mesh
- The required amount of masonry mesh in meters. It is used for reinforcing masonry, increasing the solidity and overall strength of the structure. Pay attention to the number of reinforced rows, the reinforcement of each row is specified by default.
- Approximate weight of finished walls
- The weight of the finished walls, taking into account all building blocks, mortar and masonry mesh, but excluding the weight of insulation and cladding.
- The load on the foundation from the walls
- Load without taking into account the weight of the roof and ceilings. This parameter is necessary to select the strength characteristics of the foundation.
In order to calculate blocks for partitions, you need to start a new calculation and specify the length of only all partitions, the thickness of the walls in half the block, as well as other necessary parameters.